Consent for School Using Images of Children
Occasionally, we may take photographs of the children at our school. We may use these images in our school’s prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website or on project display boards at our school. We may also make video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, monitoring or other educational use.
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, we need your permission before we can photograph or make any recordings of your child for promotional purposes.
Parent/Guardian consent was obtained upon admission via the information booklet.
Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.
CONDITIONS OF USE
1. The consent form is valid for *five years from the date you sign it, or for the period of time your child attends this school / *for this project only. The consent will automatically expire after this time.
2. We will not re-use any photographs or recordings *after your child leaves this school / *after the project is completed.
3. We will not include personal e-mail, postal addresses, telephone or fax numbers on video, on our website, in our school prospectus or in other printed publications.
4. We may include pictures of pupils and teachers that have been drawn by the pupils.
5. We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels, such as “a science lesson” or “making Christmas decorations”.
6. We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
7. We may question anyone we do not recognise who is using a camera or video recorder at school events and productions.
8. If we use photographs of individual pupils in school literature such as the school’s prospectus, we will not use the full name (which means first name and surname) of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption. If we use the full name of a pupil in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article.
9. When the image of an individual pupil is used on the school’s website we will not include the child’s personal details or full name in the accompanying text or photo caption.
10. From time to time, our school may be visited by the media who will take photographs of school activities or high profile events. Pupils who appear in these images may appear in local or national newspapers, or on televised news programmes. In such circumstances, the press may choose to use the first name and surname of the pupil alongside their photograph.